Flea and Tick Removal Services
Are you looking for effective ways to eliminate the ticks and fleas from your home and yard? Does it feel terrible to watch your pets scratch their body due to persistent itching? Remove the pesky ticks and fleas that are annoying your pets and irritating them by sucking on their blood. If you find ticks or fleas on your pet’s body, you need to address the problem right away. Employ professional flea and tick removal services to safely remove the tiny, brown insects that are moving through the fur of your pet. Fleas can be present on any part of your pet’s body such as its back, neck, and underside. It can be more difficult to get rid of the fleas than the ticks because a tick infests your pet one at a time only. These troublesome parasites can cause a number of problems for your pets and can transmit serious diseases to humans also.
Why are ticks dangerous?
Ticks are found near highly vegetated areas and wooden surfaces. They vary in color by species and feed on the blood of reptiles, birds, and mammals. Ticks cause discomfort and irritation and transmit serious diseases to animals and humans. These creepy looking creatures spread life-threatening diseases which can trigger nausea, fever, and neurological problems. There are thousands of species of ticks across the world that can spread multiple diseases as they infect their host with pick-up diseases and pathogens. Ticks consume your dog’s blood causing a deficiency called anaemia. Certain female ticks also cause paralysis in your dog due to a toxin that they produce while feeding. Here are a few other reasons ticks can be dangerous for you and your pets:
- Ticks are attracted to pets and humans, and they can easily transfer between the two. Tick bites are generally harmless, but they can cause an allergic reaction and can pass diseases onto pets and humans when they bite. Certain ticks can be even deadly for you and your pet.
- Nymph ticks transmit Lyme disease and other tick-borne infections to humans. They remain virtually undetected, even when they bite you and burrow into you or your pet’s skin. It’s therefore difficult to find out the reason behind the allergy on your skin.
- Ticks are sneaky bloodsuckers, and their saliva contains a naturally occurring anaesthetic and an immune system suppressor. This ensures that you don’t detect any kind of stinging or biting sensation when they bite you.
- They can cause intense itching on your skin by burrowing inside it or sticking to the surface of your skin. You might have seen your pets persistently itching their bodies when the ticks bite them. The ticks cause discomfort to your pet’s body and carry diseases like babesiosis and ehrlichiosis.
Why are fleas dangerous?
Fleas are parasitic insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals. Their compressed shape makes it easier for them to run through the hair of your pets. Fleas generally thrive in low altitudes in warm and humid conditions. Fleas are reddish brown and often hard to detect on your pet’s skin. They jump very fast, so you need to examine the skin and haircoat of your pet thoroughly to detect the presence of fleas on their skin. Here are a few reasons fleas can be dangerous for humans as well as the pets:
- Fleas cause serious medical problems in pets like hair loss, skin irritation, and flea allergy dermatitis. A large number of fleas can also cause anaemia in kittens and puppies. Your pet can also die if the anaemia becomes severe. The flea bites are not felt by the pets, but the resulting irritation that is caused by the salivary secretion of the fleas is intolerable. With some pets, you might even witness an inflammation or rash in their body due to these nasty flea bites.
- Fleas are also known to spread a disease called bubonic plague from rodent to humans and rodent to rodent. A flea bite can also lead to a never-ending itch cycle for your pets, making your pet feel uncomfortable.
- Your pet might have a major flea infestation, but you might not even have an idea of it because your pet is not scratching its body. Don’t assume that your pet is flea free if it’s not scratching its skin. If your pet is not allergic to nasty fleas, they might not have an urge to scratch their skin, which means the flea is sticking to their body, yet you don’t know about it.
Ways to get rid of fleas and ticks?
The nasty little fleas and ticks feed on your pet’s blood and trigger many undesirable diseases. Your pet can reach a miserable state if you don’t treat the problem of flea and tick infestations on time. Here are a few ways to get rid of ticks and fleas from your home and your pets
Use flea and tick prevention medication
If you really want to get rid of a home tick and flea infestation, then treating your pets with effective medication to remove these nasty creatures is necessary to be done on a regular basis. You can treat your pets with topical and effective flea medication once a month. It’s also important to take care of the hygiene of your pets. Bathe them with medicated shampoo even if they don’t have active fleas or ticks. This will prevent the ticks and fleas from biting your pet which will, in turn, reduce the chance of ticks and fleas being transported into your home.
Make your home unappealing to fleas and ticks
Another important way to keep ticks and fleas out of your home is by pest and critter prevention. Keep shrubs, trees, and plants away from your home to avoid the invasion of pests into your home. Seal crevices and gaps around rooflines and walls and close off all the openings to the basement and crawl spaces. Eliminate unnecessary food sources to keep the critters away from your home.
Use a natural tick and flea treatment
You can use a homemade tick and flea treatment to rid these nasty creatures from your pets. Mix one cup of vinegar with one quart of water and few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil into a spray bottle. Spray this mixture directly onto your pet’s skin, avoiding their eyes and face.
If these ideas don’t work, you can call a professional flea and tick removal service provider to get rid of these pesky creatures. Routine pest control by the experts from Bug Busters will not only keep your home and pets tick and flea free but will also prevent them from coming back. Bug Busters has been vigilant in tick and flea control in Richmond, Chesterfield, Farmville, Midlothian, and other areas of central and south-eastern Virginia. Avail our flea and tick removal services to ensure complete control of pest infestations in your area.
Why Choose Us?
Bug Busters Pest Control Services is a full-service pest management company dedicated to help exterminate and protect you from pesky pests. Our family owned company has been helping protect homes from pests including bugs and wildlife in the central/ south eastern parts of Virginia since 2004. Our company has been accredited by the National Pest Management Association and has won many awards for the services we provide. As a Quality Pro company, our technicians are trained to perform full inspections of your commercial or residential property thoroughly. We customize plans with each individual in mind, keeping cost affordable, and we will work with your schedule.
Whether it be a skunk problem, snake issue, termite infestation, ant overtaking, or mice in your walls, Bug Busters is here to help you with any of your pest control needs. We provide no- obligation inspections so that you are aware of every aspect of the extermination plan before we proceed. Our staff is here for you no matter the time of day as our customer service is available 24/7 to you. We also provide a wide range of home services including attic insulation installation, lawn treatments, and gutter cleaning. Our goal is to help you protect your greatest investment and your family so give us a call today so that we can implement our nationally
acclaimed services for you before the pests become a bigger problem.